SC State Museum Tours and Group Services
Plan Your Visit
Start your Columbia tour with a visit to the South Carolina State Museum. The museum is the fundamental introduction to South Carolina history, art, technology and culture. Groups of 10 or more can tour any ongoing or special exhibition. You'll find our staff welcoming, our exhibitions appealing and our historical building charming.
The Group Visits Office is taking reservation requests for lessons, guided and self-guided tours to occur between July 1, 2013 through June 30, 2014.
|General Admission Prices
|SC School Groups: Students, teachers and bus drivers (public, private and home schools)
|Chaperones: Parents/Learning Coaches
|Groups (10 or more):
Ages 62 and over
* Home-educated groups (Homeschool, Online, or Virtual ) are permitted one Free adult as the primary teacher. Please bring your association card or student identification letter each visit.
* Additional fees apply for the Special Exhibit and Starlab.
* Non-School groups requesting a guided tour will be charges a $15 flat fee for docent.
Lessons and Guided Tours
Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:30am,10:30am, and 12:00pm.
Tuesdays and Thursdays after 12:00pm; all day Wednesdays and Fridays beginning at 9:30am.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 803-898-4999 with the following information to make a reservation:
• Group/ School Name
• Group/ School Address, City, State, Zip
• Group/ School Phone Number
• Alternate Phone Number
• Group Coordinator/ Lead Teacher Name
• Grade Levels /Ages
• Number of Students/ Teachers/Chaperones
• Requested dates (Please provide two dates)
• Lesson name/time (click on Lesson at a Glance to view details)
• Email address (confirmations will be sent by email)
• Arrival time
• Requested Lunch time (The lunch area is scheduled on a first come first served bases, we cannot guarantee an eating space).
Please note: Visit information is communicated via email. If you have not received an email from us, check spam or junk folders , then contact us at email@example.com for more information about your reservation.
Please download and review the following PDF documents to prepare for your visit.
Call as soon as possible if you need to cancel, reschedule, or request special accommodations.