Students and Educators
Secrets of the Maya is a great catalyst for lessons in science, history, geography, language arts, math and technology.
To make a reservation or for more information on Secrets of the Maya, e-mail email@example.com. Please include the following information:
- Group name
- Address, city, state, zip
- Phone number
- Lead teacher/group coordinator name
- Grade level(s)
- Number of students/teachers/adults
- Date Request ( Please select 3 dates)
- Expected arrival time
- E-mail address
- Lunch plans
- Requested lunch time
Entry into the exhibit will be limited to no more than 50 participants per 15 minutes. Remaining group participants will queue at the entrance until the next 15 minute interval (i.e. 10 a.m., 10:15, 10:30, 10:45, 11, etc.).
All tours are self-guided. Please allow 1 - 1 ½ hours to fully experience the exhibit.
In Search of the MAYA Grades 3-5
In Search of the MAYA Grades 3-5 ANSWER KEY
In Search of the MAYA Grades 6-12
In Search of the MAYA Grades 6-12 ANSWER KEY
Lunch space is available between 10:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. with advance reservation. Times will be assigned based on your program schedule. Each group will be allotted 30 minutes in the lunch area. Box lunch order form
Nametags & Group Identification
All groups should be clearly identifiable (name tags, school colors, or matching t-shirts). A $7 fee will be charged if the museum has to provide nametags for your group.
For additional group visit information, please click here.
Important information before you visit:
- Non-refundable tickets are available every 15 minutes during business hours and the last ticket is sold 60 minutes prior to closing.
- Recommended exploration time is 1 - 1 1/2 hours and there is no re-entry.
- Photography, cell phones, food and drinks are prohibited.
Ticket Prices: (Includes Secrets of the Maya and general admission)
- Adults (ages 13-61): $13
- Seniors (ages 62 and over): $11
- Children (ages 3-12): $9
- S.C. school groups (includes public, private, charter, college, home and virtual School): $5*
- Out of state school groups:
(ages 13-61): $11*
(ages 3-12): $9*
*S.C. school group rates apply Tuesday-Friday
One chaperone is admitted free for every 10 students. Additional chaperones are $6 each for general admission. Students, teachers and bus drivers receive free general museum admission.
Secrets of the Maya Tickets
Students and chaperones are $5 each. Teachers and bus drivers will receive free admission to the exhibit.
One chaperone is required per 10 students. Teachers are counted as chaperones.
For booking group sales/field trips, please call (803) 898-4999.